Transportation to and from school is paid for by the State of South Carolina and managed by the District’s Student Transportation Services Division. The State authorizes transportation for students who live more than 1.5 miles from school. In certain cases, transportation may be authorized for students who live within a 1.5-mile radius when the walking route is declared as hazardous. From the time a bus arrives at a bus stop in the morning, until the bus returns to that bus stop after school, students who ride the bus are under the control of school officials. While on the school bus, the bus driver is the designated school official. Therefore students must comply with the instructions and guidance provided by the driver. In case of misbehavior on the bus, principals may suspend or recommend expulsion from the bus or school.
To determine if transportation is provided for your area, please contact us. Bus stop locations and times are subject to change.
Bus Safety Rules
- You should arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes ahead of time.
- Wait away from the edge of the road.
- Let the bus come to a complete stop before you move.
- Never cross the street behind the bus.
- When crossing the street, in front of the bus, wait for your bus driver to signal you to go.
- Never reach under the bus for something that’s fallen.
- While riding in the bus, practice good manners. Stay seated, talk softly and obey your bus driver.